trizfores and her fantasies in fanfic

An in depth look behind the scenes and into the mind of the author trizfores.


i don't know what has been happening to me the past few days, that i've written diddley squat. in simpler terms--nothing! it can't be writer's block because i have ideas in my head. typer's block? or am i really just down after that sucky dramione valentine fic that i wrote? damn... that might just be the answer.

anyways, it's not like i really haven't been doing anything. been getting around the fanfic world so to speak, and i was surprised at how many things that i discovered. one of them being plagiarism.

let me start of by saying... i hate, hate, hate it. i was totally outraged when i found out that many fanfic authors have plagiarized other authors. why they did it? i don't know. maybe they're not just damed too creative enough, that they have to copy one's story completely, word for word. and yes, sadly this has happened i have read. proof with screenshots and all. the only things that were changed were the characters name as they were written in a different fandom. still, it's damn wrong! and in another case, it just gets worse. some one even had the audacity to copy of a published book. again... wrong!


thankfully, no one has plagiarized my work, and i hope it stays that way, otherwise... i really don't know. i pray that something like that doesn't happen to my work.

just in case you guys want to know, the group that helps deal with plagiarism on lj is called stop_plagiarism. cases are posted as well as a list of the plagiarizers. it can be helpful to anyone of us fanfic writers, maybe you can help a fellow author out.

other than that, i've been spreading word about my stories on various lj communites. i feel like such an amateur compared to a few, as i am only popular by many on ff.net. there are some that say that lj is the way to go and ff.net is for child like writers who are less than amateur, and i kid you not. that is the reputation of ff.net (i read it a few times in some journals). but come on?!

okay, in some cases, it's true, and others it's not. i've read terrible fics that seem like they've been done by teenagers who write like they're in the elementary school level. and in all honesty, i feel like they're fics shouldn't even be posted. but hey, this is the internet, and we can literally post anything we want. i think its freer than this free world we live in. when it comes to my writing however, i feel like it shouldn't be judged with the same low standards that people think of with the other fics on ff.net. maybe if they checked it out, they would be surprised that there are a few good fics in the sight.

what's the harm in checking? i'm not trying to be ego-testicle or anything, but i really do believe my work is good, or even better than many others i've read. hey, i'm entitled to my opinion.

okay, i'll stop ranting now.

~bea

0 comments:

Post a Comment

my world

my world

behind the scenes

GREETINGS! this blog was put up so that you readers would know what i'm doing with my fanfic writing, and anything else related to fanfic. i enjoy reading a few others myself. my stories revolve around hermione granger paired with one of my favorite 3 slytherins--severus snape, lucuis malfoy, and draco malfoy. snape of course is my true love. i think having a thing for alan rickman is the cause of it all. happy reading! :)

followers

about me

My photo
i am 20 something year old that enjoys writing mainly fanfiction in the harry potter universe. i have other things that intrest me such as TV shows and movies, but writing my fanfic is what i do most. so far, it's been a blast posting my stories up on the net, and knowing that people enjoy my work. who knows, maybe one day i'll have my own book. no original stories yet in my mind, so it's just fanfic for now.